Military Transfer Credit

Military Transfer Credit may be awarded for undergraduate students accepted to Kennesaw State University Fall 2012 or later who have served in the U.S. Military, and who desire to have their military experience considered for transfer credit. Students must request to have their official Joint Services Transcript (JST) sent directly from JST to the Office of the Registrar, Transfer Evaluation Services to be evaluated for possible college credit. 

The deadline to submit the JST and Military Transfer Credit Agreement form (MTCA) for evaluation is the last day of add/drop during the student’s first term of enrollment at Kennesaw State University in order to allow for accurate academic advisement and accurate determination of financial aid eligibility. 

Branches of the military to request a JST from: Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard. To request a JST: 

For the Air Force, a student will request a Community College of the Air Force Transcript (CCAF). CCAF is a regionally accredited institution and therefore abides by KSU’s transfer evaluation practices when determining transferability. To request a CCAF transcript: 

  • All experience and coursework listed on a JST will be evaluated for applicability toward a student's current degree program. Students will have the option of accepting or declining the military credit determined to be applicable toward their degree program by submitting the MTCA. Once the JST and MTCA are received by the Office of the Registrar, Transfer Evaluation Services, the following procedure is used: 

    1. Transfer Evaluation Services researches the American Council on Education (ACE) Guide to determine the recommendation made by that organization. Only military training and experience with a credit recommendation at the lower-division and upper-division baccalaureate degree category level is evaluated.  
    2. Transfer Evaluation Services advises the academic department chair over the discipline of the course of the ACE recommendation(s). 
    3. The academic department chair advises Transfer Evaluation Services of what credit, if any, is to be granted in that specific discipline. Credit will not be awarded for course/experiences not offered by KSU. 
    4. Transfer Evaluation Services records degree applicable credit on the student’s official transcript and advises both the student and academic advisor of the credit that has been granted. 

    Once the decision has been made, it cannot be reversed because the amount of transfer credit determines Financial Aid eligibility, including both federal and state aid. For questions, please visit the Office of Student Financial Aid

    • Complete and submit the Military Transfer Credit Agreement form (MTCA) and Joint Services Transcript (JST) transcript via: 
      • Email: 
      • Mail: Office of the Registrar, Attn: Transfer Evaluation Services, Kennesaw State University 585 Cobb Avenue, MD 0016 Kennesaw, GA 30144-5591 
      • In person: Visit the Office of the Registrar from 8:00am-5:00pm at one of the following campus locations: 
        • Kennesaw Campus, offices are located in Kennesaw Hall 
        • Marietta Campus, offices are located in Administration Building B
      • Fax: 678-747-6947 
    • The completed form will be reviewed by the Office of the Registrar, Transfer Evaluation Services to determine eligibility for military transfer credit. Refer to the Eligibility for Military Transfer Credit section above.  
  • Kennesaw State’s Military and Veteran Services is fully staffed by experienced veterans and offers a one-stop shop that is easily accessible and widely available to service members, veterans, and dependents. Whether you are a new or transferring student, Military and Veteran Services will help guide you to the resources you need to make the most of your experience at KSU.

    Refer to the Military and Veteran Services website for additional information. 

To review the complete policy, please refer to the Academic Policies Transfer Policies section in the catalog.